Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My own private chernobyl

Nicky and I met with my radiation oncologist today. Once my chemo is finished I will have a three week break before I start my radiation therapy. I will get a does of radiation 5 days a week for 4 weeks.

Although I understand it is absolutely necessary, I am more worried about the radiation than anything else. Even though the probability of lung and thyroid cancer as a result of the treatment is very low, I think it is the nature of it that scares me so much; I was really glad Nicky was with me, the insecurity I felt was similar to my first day at boarding school.

I'm sure I'll get used to the idea it's just not something I am looking forward to.

2 comments:

Amandeep ('Deep) said...

yeah - that does sound hard to deal with. though you are like an ox, you know!

Nick Henzie said...

Dearest All,

Think positive all of you. Dad and i are. Sent a parcel the other day. but think Nicky and the children will like it better.

Nick.